T.E.A.M. Scholarship Program
process used for the Scholarship Program has been revised for
2014. This new process will be continued for future years. All
applications and supporting documents will be due as indicated
below in the Application Process directions. All applications
will be pre-screened by a committee of T.E.A.M. past presidents
and scored. Students to be included in the writing competition
will be notified by mail of their advancement to the next round
(as needed). (NOTE: We will select a maximum of two
students for each scholarship to be awarded.)
Students who are
participating in state competition in the Project Competition
must be certified and entered through their district contest.
The Scholarship Committee will accept applications for these
students as per the March 1st timeline and assume the
professional judgement of school staff will hold. If for some
reason the student participating as a senior for the first time
is not certified by the district for participation, it then
becomes the Responsibility of the District
Representative and the Teacher to notify the
scholarship chairman of the problem and to also notify the
student that he/she is ineligible for a scholarship.
Walk-On applications on the day of
the Awards Program will not be considered for a scholarships.
TEAM may award one or more scholarships each year based on applications and qualifications of the entries and available funds.
$750.00 to $1500.00 to students planning to major in a qualified industrial technology and engineering teacher education program.
$500.00 to $750.00 to students planning to major in a qualified technology related program.
$500.00 to $750.00 to a student currently enrolled in a qualified college industrial technology and engineering teacher education program and planning to continue their pursuit. A college applicant if approved for a scholarship must agree to attend the TEAM Awards Program and assist in judging at the contest.
Writing Competition: The applicants whose scholarship applications are ranked highest, based on the number of scholarships to be awarded at the Awards Program will be moved into the next level of competition. At this level applicants will be given a topic for an essay having to do with their experiences in industrial technology and/or plans for the future. The topic will change annually and be mailed to the applicants selected for the next round of competition. Essays must be written and returned to the Scholarship Chairman by the deadline date. T.E.A.M.ís Scholarship review committee will read and score the essays. Scholarship recipients will be notified by mail of the dollar amount and procedure for using the scholarship.
be eligible for a scholarship, a student must:
1. Be a senior in a Missouri High School.
2. Rank in the upper one half of his/her senior class.
3. Have had an entry accepted and registered in the T.E.A.M. Awards Program or entered the TEAM Technology and Engineering Exposition during grades 9 - 11.
4. Have a project in the State Project Contest and take the subject matter test in the area of entry (if applicable) or participated in an Expo event.
5. Be planning on attending a post-secondary educational program (preference will be given to industrial technology and engineering teacher education majors)
6. Submit T.E.A.M. Scholarship Form and official high school transcript to T.E.A.M. Scholarship Chairman before March 1st.
Criteria for Granting Scholarships:
The following will be considered
in selecting scholarship recipients:
1. Classification / Name / Score; rating of awards program entry (the dates awards and scores should be sent by the student with the application information)
2. High school grade point average
3. Class rank
4. Industrial Technology courses taken
5. High school and community activities
6. Presentation of information and responses in the written essay competition
7. Other factors as deemed appropriate by the Scholarship Committee
* Number of years and Industrial Technology or Technology Education classes completed.
* Number of years the student instructors have been a TEAM member.
* Level of participation and involvement of the instructors in TEAM District and State activities.
To be considered the student must:
1. Completely fill out the scholarship application documents. Forms are available via the T.E.A.M. home page, from each of the seven district contest chairpersons, or by mail request from the Scholarship Chairman.
2. Obtain and send an official high school transcript signed by the principal or counselor with the application .
3. Submit all required materials by mail to the Scholarship Chair, prior to March 1st. Notice of acceptance to the written essay level will be made by mail about mid April if essays are required. Not all students applying will be offered an opportunity to submit an essay.
Duncan at: firstname.lastname@example.org
T.E.A.M. Scholarship Chair
Moberly Middle School
920 KWIX Rd.
Moberly, MO 65270
The T.E.A.M. Scholarship Application Form is available at this link (Word Doc) or (Pdf.)